Tuesday 1 April 2008

Diary update week 11

After the rides over the Easter weekend, had a couple of rest days before completing a good turbo session whilst watching the last episode of Ashes to Ashes. Turbo training is so boring but I feel I am benefiting from the work out.

After a quick call to e Friday night we agreed to start our ride at 6am Saturday morning. So I was up at 5am, out by 5.30 and at e's at just before 6. We decided to do the usual loop with the couple hills either side of Dorking. Unfortunately Ciaran had to leave early so we headed straight back Guildford after getting to Cranleigh. E and I decided to do the same route but this time we decided to also go up Box Hill. This is a long gradual climb and so excellent for training - I have a feeling a that I will be using the hill in my training regime. With the ride to and from e's I managed to clock up 110 miles. This is my longest ride so far and with the 5 big hills I really felt good at the end of it. I have to say that I was tried on Saturday afternoon, but I think that was as much to do with the early mroning as the bike ride.

I am looking forward to the clock going back so I ride to work a couple of times a week.

No comments: