Monday 21 April 2008

Diary update week 14

Tuesday the weather forecast was good so it was a great opportunity to cycle to work. Enroute to work I managed to catch up with a JCB. It was great to slipstream behind it, increasing my speed with much less effort. It also acted as great protection from cars doing stupid things. On my way back I managed to get home without getting lost! Hurray!

I was holiday Thursday and Friday, Thursday I took the kids to watch "Lazy town". It was an excellent show, true to the TV series with "Sportacus" doing standing somersaults, and the moral of the story that exercise is good. The kids loved it. We then had a lovely afternoon on the beach looking for shells. Friday we went swmming and I picked up the helium for the May Fair.
The wife has done a great job getting loads of companies to donate prizes, we are all keeping our fingers crossed that the weather is going to be good on 5th April.

Saturday was the first of the of the two team rides. Unfortunately only four of us could make it on Saturday. I got to e's at 7am and then it was off the Brighton. The big hill on the way (I can never remember their names) was not as hard as I was lead to believe. From Brighton it was along the coast to and then back to Guildford. The wind must have been behind because it did not seem to effect us too much. Unfortunately we had far too many stops and our speed was slower than last week but the weather was not as good with it raining most of the time. Still as a team we are getting better but still plenty of room for improvement. It was my longest ride 122 miles and I felt good afterwards (better than my ride last week!)

Sunday was the second team ride and this time we headed up north and met Rich on the usual circuit and then kept on going up north. Unfortunately just before we met Rich I got my frst puncture of the weekend (although I bought my new tyres they were not delivered before the weekend - hopefully they will arrive on Monday). We then rode with Rich for a couple of hours before turning round and coming back. The ride was 86 miles resulting in 208 miles for the weekend!! In the afternnon the sun came out and so the kids helped me to clean my bike before I built their trampoline - which they love.

No comments: